There are currently four New American Academy schools in our community.
- The New American Academy P.S. 770 (PreK-5th) located at 60 E. 94th Street, Brooklyn, NY
- The New American Academy P.S. 274 (PreK-4th) located at 275 Harlem River Park Bridge, Bronx, NY
- The New American Academy Charter School (K-3rd) 5800 Tilden Avenue, Brooklyn, NY
- The Jewish Academy, Commack, Long Island
Educational transformation begins and ends with teacher quality. TNAA success is built upon attracting, developing, and retaining high quality pedagogues who are passionate about creating a better world.
Please see this page for more information about our career-ladder. Teacher salaries are mastery-based and range from $50,000 to $120,000.
Applications for each of our three schools are processed centrally through our hiring portal. We are now accepting applications for the 2015-16 school year. CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
Note: Applications for each of our three schools are processed centrally through our hiring portal. As you fill out the application you will be asked to list which one of our three schools is your preference. We will try to accommodate your preference when placing applicants.
Our written application is the first step in three-step interview process that includes:
- A written application. (2 essays, resume)
- A phone interview (20-25 minutes)
- A full day interview (includes demo lesson, instructions will be emailed closer to date)
Applicants from inside and outside the NYC Department of Education are welcome. To be eligible to work at TNAA applicants need appropriate New York City License and/or New York State Certified in ESL, Dual Language, Bilingual, Special Education or Common Branches.
*for Master, Partner, Associate, and Apprentice teachers.